Official Rules for the Pinger Sideline Survey Sweepstakes
No Purchase Required to Enter or Win
THESE OFFICIAL RULES CONTAIN AN ARBITRATION AGREEMENT, WHICH WILL, WITH LIMITED EXCEPTION, REQUIRE YOU TO SUBMIT CLAIMS YOU HAVE AGAINST SPONSOR (AS DEFINED BELOW) TO BINDING AND FINAL ARBITRATION. UNDER THE ARBITRATION AGREEMENT, (1) YOU WILL ONLY BE PERMITTED TO PURSUE CLAIMS AGAINST SPONSOR ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING, AND (2) YOU WILL ONLY BE PERMITTED TO SEEK RELIEF (INCLUDING MONETARY, INJUNCTIVE AND DECLARATORY RELIEF) ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Pinger Sideline Survey Sweepstakes is open only to individuals who (a) are legal residents of the United States (including the District of Columbia), (b) who have completed the survey from the link below, and (c) are eighteen (18) years of age or older. Employees of Pinger, Inc., or other companies associated with the promotion of the Sweepstakes, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible.
- SPONSOR: Each Sweepstakes is sponsored by Pinger, Inc., 97 South 2nd Street, Suite 210, San Jose, CA 95113 ("Pinger" or the "Sponsor") and is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Amazon.
- AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in any Sweepstakes constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 AM PT on May 15, 2021 and ends June 1, 2021. The period of each Sweepstakes is referred to as the "Sweepstakes Period" for that Sweepstakes.
- HOW TO ENTER: During the applicable Sweepstakes Period, you may enter by completing the Sideline survey at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ZNQTMC3 or https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ZH2VRTM. Your entry is only for that specific Sweepstakes; an entry in one Sweepstakes is not an entry in any other Sweepstakes. You may also enter the applicable Sweepstakes by mail by mailing a 3"x5" card in ink hand print your full name, complete home address including zip code, home telephone number with area code, date of birth, and mail in a first class stamped envelope to Pinger, Inc., 97 South 2nd Street, Suite 210, San Jose, CA 95113, Attn: Sideline Survey Sweepstakes. Entries must be complete and received prior to the end of the Sweepstakes Period and shall only apply to that Sweepstakes.
- LIMITS ON ENTRY: Each participant may enter one (1) time during the applicable Sweepstakes Period. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. You must have an existing Sideline account with Pinger at the time of entry. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected registrations, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
- SELECTION OF POTENTIAL WINNER: Within ten (10) days following the end of the applicable Sweepstakes Period, a random drawing will take place from all eligible entries received for the corresponding Sweepstakes. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received.
- REQUIREMENTS OF POTENTIAL WINNER: Sponsor will attempt to notify potential winners within five days of the drawing. Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit/declaration of eligibility and a liability/publicity release form. If a potential winner is a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian will be required to sign the documents on his/her behalf. If a potential winner fails to sign and return the documents within the required time period, an alternate winner may be selected according to the process set forth above. The winner must maintain the same email address used to register for the Sweepstakes. The Sponsor shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever that is suffered (including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential loss) in the delivery or use of the prize to the winner.
- PRIZES: For each Sweepstakes, five (5) winners will each receive one (1) prize of a $100.00 Amazon email gift card. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Any prize details not specified below will be determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. Prizes are not transferable or refundable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who may substitute a prize with another item of equal or greater value if the prize becomes unavailable.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to, technical errors, or fraud, or for any reason or no reason, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules or (b) cancel the Sweepstakes and, if it so chooses in its sole discretion, award the prizes according to the process set forth above from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the cancelation. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by the Sponsor to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
- RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Except in cases of death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the Sponsor, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in any Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the applicable Sweepstakes, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the liability of Released Parties named in such action will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the applicable Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. Entrant acknowledges and agrees that all disputes in relation to the determination of a Sweepstakes winner, including but not limited to, eligibility, and other related issues shall be determined in the sole and absolute discretion of Sponsor, and that such a decision by the Sponsor shall be final and binding.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of California, USA. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, USA, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California, USA or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California, USA.
- WINNER LIST: Winner List requests will only be accepted after the end of the Sweepstakes and no later than twenty days following the end of the applicable Sweepstakes Period. For winner names, go to https://support.sideline.com or send a self-addressed stamped envelope, to: Pinger Sideline Survey Sweepstakes, 97 South 2nd Street, Suite 210, San Jose, CA 95113.
ARBITRATION AGREEMENT: PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY AS IT AFFECTS YOUR RIGHTS.
(a) Agreement to Arbitrate. This Section 15 is referred to in these Official Rules as the "Arbitration Agreement." You agree that any and all disputes or claims that have arisen or may arise between you and the Sponsor, whether arising out of or relating to these Official Rules (including any alleged breach thereof), any of the Sweepstakes, your participation in any of the Sweepstakes, the prizes, acceptance, possession use or misuse of the prizes, any advertising or any aspect of the relationship or transactions between you and the Sponsor, shall be resolved exclusively through final and binding arbitration, rather than a court, in accordance with the terms of this Arbitration Agreement, except that you may assert individual claims in small claims court, if your claims qualify. Further, this Arbitration Agreement does not preclude you from bringing issues to the attention of federal, state or local agencies, and such agencies can, if the law allows, seek relief against the Sponsor on your behalf. You agree that, by participating in any of the Sweepstakes and entering into these Official Rules, you and the Sponsor are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate in a class action. Your rights will be determined by a neutral arbitrator, not a judge or jury. The Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this Arbitration Agreement.
(b) Prohibition of Class and Representative Actions and Non-Individualized Relief. YOU AND THE SPONSOR AGREE THAT EACH OF US MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING. UNLESS BOTH YOU AND THE SPONSOR AGREE OTHERWISE, THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN MORE THAN ONE PERSON’S OR PARTY’S CLAIMS AND MAY NOT OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF A CONSOLIDATED, REPRESENTATIVE OR CLASS PROCEEDING. ALSO, THE ARBITRATOR MAY AWARD RELIEF (INCLUDING MONETARY, INJUNCTIVE AND DECLARATORY RELIEF) ONLY IN FAVOR OF THE INDIVIDUAL PARTY SEEKING RELIEF AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT NECESSARY TO PROVIDE RELIEF NECESSITATED BY THAT PARTY’S INDIVIDUAL CLAIM(S).
(c) Pre-Arbitration Dispute Resolution. The Sponsor is always interested in resolving disputes amicably and efficiently, and most participant concerns can be resolved quickly and to the participant’s satisfaction by emailing email@example.com. If such efforts prove unsuccessful, a party who intends to seek arbitration must first send to the other a written Notice of Dispute ("Notice"). The Notice to the Sponsor should be sent to Pinger, Inc. 97 South 2nd Street, Suite 210, San Jose, CA 95113, Attn: Legal for Sideline Survey Sweepstakes ("Notice Address"). The Notice must (i) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute and (ii) set forth the specific relief sought. If the Sponsor and you do not resolve the claim within sixty (60) calendar days after the Notice is received, you or the Sponsor may commence an arbitration proceeding. During the arbitration, the amount of any settlement offer made by the Sponsor or you shall not be disclosed to the arbitrator until after the arbitrator determines the amount, if any, to which you or the Sponsor is entitled.
(d) Arbitration Procedures. Arbitration will be conducted by a neutral arbitrator in accordance with the American Arbitration Association’s ("AAA") rules and procedures, including the AAA’s Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes (collectively, the "AAA Rules"), as modified by this Arbitration Agreement. For information on the AAA, please visit its website, http://www.adr.org. Information about the AAA Rules and fees for consumer disputes can be found at the AAA’s consumer arbitration page, http://www.adr.org/Consumer. If there is any inconsistency between any term of the AAA Rules and any term of this Arbitration Agreement, the applicable terms of this Arbitration Agreement will control unless the arbitrator determines that the application of the inconsistent Arbitration Agreement terms would not result in a fundamentally fair arbitration. The arbitrator must also follow the provisions of these Official Rules as a court would. All issues are for the arbitrator to decide, including, but not limited to, issues relating to the scope, enforceability and arbitrability of this Arbitration Agreement. Although arbitration proceedings are usually simpler and more streamlined than trials and other judicial proceedings, the arbitrator can award the same damages and relief on an individual basis that a court can award to an individual under these Official Rules and applicable law. Decisions by the arbitrator are enforceable in court and may be overturned by a court only for very limited reasons.
Unless the Sponsor and you agree otherwise, any arbitration hearings will take place in a reasonably convenient location for both parties with due consideration of their ability to travel and other pertinent circumstances. If the parties are unable to agree on a location, the determination shall be made by AAA. If your claim is for $10,000 or less, the Sponsor agrees that you may choose whether the arbitration will be conducted solely on the basis of documents submitted to the arbitrator, through a telephonic hearing, or by an in-person hearing as established by the AAA Rules. If your claim exceeds $10,000, the right to a hearing will be determined by the AAA Rules. Regardless of the manner in which the arbitration is conducted, the arbitrator shall issue a reasoned written decision sufficient to explain the essential findings and conclusions on which the award is based.
(e) Costs of Arbitration. Payment of all filing, administration and arbitrator fees (collectively, the "Arbitration Fees") will be governed by the AAA Rules, unless otherwise provided in this Arbitration Agreement. Any payment of attorneys’ fees will be governed by the AAA Rules.
(f) Confidentiality. All aspects of the arbitration proceeding, and any ruling, decision or award by the arbitrator, will be strictly confidential for the benefit of all parties.
(g) Severability. If a court or the arbitrator decides that any term or provision of this Arbitration Agreement other than Section 6(b) above is invalid or unenforceable, the parties agree to replace such term or provision with a term or provision that is valid and enforceable and that comes closest to expressing the intention of the invalid or unenforceable term or provision, and this Arbitration Agreement shall be enforceable as so modified. If a court or the arbitrator decides that any of the provisions of Section 6(b) is invalid or unenforceable, then the entirety of this Arbitration Agreement shall be null and void. The remainder of these Official Rules will continue to apply.